How To Install A Roof Rack On Your Car - Sipe Roofing and General Contracting
With the weather getting warmer and more people hitting the open roads, it's important to make sure your car is prepared for whatever. This means packing some additional cargo on top of the roof! In this post, we'll explain how to install the roof rack of your car - perfect for carrying any extra gear or supplies you might require while traveling.
What is a roof rack?
Roof Rack Installation Roof racks are an excellent method to store your equipment and provide additional storage space for your car. Roof racks can be attached to the roof of your vehicle and are able to hold a wide assortment of objects like kayaks, bikes and surfboards.
Before you install a roof rack to your car, there are the things you'll need.
1. Strong mounting system - Racks are usually mounted on roofs with bolts or screws. It is important to ensure that the mounting system is sturdy enough to support the weight of the equipment you're transporting.
2. Roof clearance - The roof of your vehicle should be at least 2 inches higher than the top object you're planning to load onto it. This is because of safety regulations. It doesn't apply to bike racks that are lower than the vehicle.
3. Vehicle strength - Prior to installing a roof rack, ensure that your vehicle can withstand the weight of the gear. Racks are often designed to support larger loads than most cars can handle without damage.
How do roof racks function?
Roof racks are attached to the roof of your car and holding a cargo container. It's possible to carry heavier objects by using this rack rather than what you can with a standard trunk. Additionally, roof racks can provide an extra storage area for larger items, such as bicycles or sporting items.
Take note of the distance between your car's roof and the crossbar that will be used to mount the roof rack. This measurement will tell you how high the rack has to be placed on your car's roof. After you've figured out this , you need to find the right crossbar bracket that's compatible with the roof of your car and bolt it into place using bolts/screws.
Attach one end of the cargo strap onto one bracket on the rack and fix it with an ratchet and screwdriver. Repeat this process for the other end of the strap. then attach the cargo container to either end of the strap by clipping onto either side. Adjust the straps until they're snug against one another yet allow for movement.
What are the benefits of building a rack for your roof?
A roof rack can be a valuable addition to your car, offering various storage options and transport options. These are the main benefits of installing one.
Roof racks can hold loads of stuff, which makes them perfect for transporting bikes, kayaks or other heavy items.
* They're also useful for transporting larger items, such as camping gear or pets.
Racks make it possible to carry heavy items on long drives and hikes.
* They're simple to install and use, requiring only a couple of bolts and screws to attach them to the roof of your vehicle.
Where do I find a reputable roofing rack business in my area?
Sipe Roofing & General Contracting is a top roof rack company. They've had years of experience in installing roof racks on cars, and they will be able to help you pick the best one for your needs.
They also provide a wide range of other services, such as roofing repair and replacement. If you require any work done on your car or roof it is a good idea to give them a call.
The installation of a roof rack onto your car is an ideal way to provide extra storage and transportation options to your car. Sipe Roofing and General Contracting can help you choose the best roof rack for your needs and ensure it is properly installed. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Address: 2459 Corporation Pkwy Suite C, Burlington, NC 27215, United States