6 min read
The opinions expressed by the entrepreneur's contributors are their own.
The pressures of managing your personal branding on social media can get stressful. From planning ideas for content to learning new tools and trends, to engaging the audience, this could feel like you've plunged into a new job role with no known skills.
Related: 22 Statistics That Show the Value of Personal Branding
Here are seven ways to move your personal branding from a mediocre digital presence to an impressive one.
1. Crystallize your purpose into content
After creating a stunning profile picture and writing your bio, you'd be asking yourself, "What should my first post be about?" Rather than being largely spontaneous, you should have a clear vision, define your purpose in order to build your personal brand on digital media, and plan your social media content strategy accordingly.
● Build your website to connect with your audience in a professional manner
● Write blogs to tell your brand story and provide valuable information
● Build trust by answering questions about your specialization on social media platforms
● Share photos and video content regularly
Richard Branson, the founder of the Virgin Group, effortlessly connects his personality with his professional life by living his brand name every day. From celebrating his employees' efforts to sharing his company's innovation stories, Branson's social media content is bold, emotionally engaging, and speaks vividly of his passion.
Related: Why Building A Personal Brand Is More Important Than Ever Before
2. Embellish content with graphics that make an impact
Your personal branding should be visually appealing to grab the audience's attention. As an entrepreneur, you are well aware of the undeniable efforts to establish a business identity, from brainstorming visual designs to writing catchy captions. Your personal branding contains similar elements.
● Create a logo that defines your brand personality
● Use a consistent color scheme that reflects your brand offering.
● Create high quality photo and video content
● Stay on top of the latest digital media trends to improve your visual content
Statistics show that people make an unconscious judgment about a product within 90 seconds of first viewing it, and 62 to 90 percent of those ratings are based on color alone.
3. Customize unique content for different platforms
It is advisable that time-pressed entrepreneurs choose their social media strategy based on their business goals and audience. While Facebook and Instagram are great for building brand loyalty and attracting leads, LinkedIn and Twitter help you connect with like-minded people and expand your professional network.
Here are three questions to ask before posting on your social media channels:
● Is my content relevant to my target group on this channel?
● How should I share content: photos, videos, text, or a combination of all of them?
● What do I expect from this content being published?
Oprah Winfrey prefers to actively use Twitter and Facebook to engage with her viewers on live polls and questions and later discuss the answers with real-time guests. This selective technique helps Oprah to use interactive tools and techniques to their business advantage and to easily reach their target audience.
Related: Your personal brand is just as important as your business brand
4. Engage with your audience
Your personal brand growth is directly proportional to the time you invest in engaging with your audience. Influencers, especially on Instagram and YouTube, take the time to respond to thousands of comments and share content regularly. Digital media is competitive today and one of the best ways to increase your reach is to interact with the community of followers you are building.
According to Mark Roberge, bestselling author of The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, and Inbound Selling to Go from $ 0 million to $ 100 million, personal branding is about building appropriate rapport, and rapport is one of them most basic sales techniques that seasoned salespeople naturally use to get more deals done with less effort. "
Here are some of the easiest ways to build a relationship:
● Ask questions so that the audience feels that their opinion is important to you
● Share unique stories that break traditional norms
● Use tools like surveys, questions, and tests to encourage participation
● Go live and have a conversation with your audience
● Express your thoughts on comments or topics that caught your attention
5. Be real
Digital media makes your personal branding very transparent to a large network of people watching your actions, from what you share to how you interact with your audience. According to a study, 94% of customers are likely to be loyal to a brand that offers complete transparency.
Gary Vaynerchuk, New York Times bestselling author, public speaker and internet personality, says, "You need to understand your personal DNA. Don't do things for me or Steve Jobs or Mark Cuban tried. You need to know yours personal brand and stay true to it. "
This is a great way to highlight the authenticity of your personal branding efforts
● Keep your tone of voice consistent across your social media channels
● Share real content that makes the audience feel credible for your actions
● Be optimistic, not negative
6. Share personal experiences with a professional approach
Personal branding in the digital space is different from your personal social media account, which is private to a close group of people. What you share as part of personal branding on your public platform will be seen by millions of people and will leave a lasting impression of your personal brand.
Before you decide to share content, ask yourself:
● What would I like to benefit from it?
● Does this fit with my personal branding strategy?
● What values does this reflect about me professionally?
7. Consistency for Victory
Planning a long-term strategy is essential to achieving your personal branding goals. In a busy schedule, take a step back and ask yourself, "Why did I start this?"
Here's what you can do when you feel stuck:
● Be inspired by social media influencers
● Use apps and tools to organize content across all of your social media platforms
● Keep your goals relevant and straightforward
● Take the time to create content and connect with your audience
Travel influencers like Alyssa Ramos have made their passion for travel a full-time business by consistently writing and sharing content. In 2016 alone, Ramos said he made $ 25,000 blogging and posting travel-related content on their website and social media platforms.
Related Topics: How To Build A Business Plan For Your Personal Brand
Personal branding on digital media is one of the best ways to get closer to your audience and add value to your business. All you need is the commitment and passion to connect your brand to the social world.