The co-founder of Thumbtack, a service that brings local professionals together with customers, talks about how to reach out to your business about fundraising.
Grow your business, Not your inbox
Stay up to date and subscribe to our daily newsletter now!
1 min read
The opinions expressed by the entrepreneur's contributors are their own.
Marco Zappacosta is the co-founder and CEO of Thumbtack, a service that connects customers with local professionals. In this clip from an episode of the podcast “The Startup Story”, Zappacosta talks about fundraising and gives tips on pitching venture capitalists. His tips are:
- Know your audience and their goals
- Turn your pitch into a story with a narrative
- Explain to the audience the importance of the problem that inevitably needs to be solved – and that you and your company are the best solution and why
- Start with the problem, not the product
- Make it clear that you understand the market, the dynamics, the competitive landscape and how your approach speaks to these specifics
Related: How To Turn Your Idea Into A Business