Philly Officers Will Launch Physique Digicam Footage Of Mondays Taking pictures


Philadelphia city officials and law enforcement officials said they would release the body camera footage and 911 tapes from Walter Wallace Jr.'s shooting on Monday.

Wallace Jr. was shot dead Monday night by two Philadelphia police officers during a confrontation after police responded to a man's report with a gun. According to Fox News, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw did the announcement On Wednesday, the department will be releasing the video "in the near future" but plans to meet with Wallace's family first "to ensure they have the opportunity to view the materials first."

Philadelphia has seen three nights of turbulence since Wallace was shot and killed Monday, with thousands protested and upset. Videos on social media showed looters stumbling upon a Walmart, breaking into a Chick-Fil-A, and pulling items out of a foot locker. According to the New York Times, protesters also set fire to rubble in the street and damaged police cruisers in Philadelphia.

Fifty-three officers were injured and 172 people were arrested on Monday and Tuesday nights together.

If the outlaw and city officials release the footage, it will be the first time the Philadelphia Police Department has ever released body camera footage of a shoot, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

John McNesby, President of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge No. 5, posted a video on Twitter urging outlaws and city officials to release the footage.

A message from President John McNesby. Please share. @ FOPLodge5 @john_mcnesby

– FOPLodge5 (@ FOPLodge5) October 28, 2020

"We're asking the city tour to release the facts of this case. It's not difficult," McNesby said. "It's cut and dry, release what you have. Support your officers, support your officers, and let's get this thing under control. "

Wallace's father, Walter Wallace Sr., told CNN on Tuesday that his son was bipolar and in crisis at the time of the incident. Shaka Johnson, a Wallace family lawyer, said at a news conference Tuesday that relatives called authorities three times, including once when Wallace's brother asked for an ambulance.

"Law enforcement came in because they wanted an ambulance to come here," Johnson told reporters. "The police are the first to arrive."

Johnson added that Wallace's wife had told officers upon arrival that Wallace was "manic, bipolar" and in crisis.

"Unfortunately, officials weren't equipped with the training or the right equipment to deal with a person who was in crisis at the moment," Johnson told CNN. "You don't deal with a crisis with a firearm."